Are you hungry?
Good, because you should make this chicken parm now.
The second I saw it floating in the incredible world of Pinterest, I ran as fast as I could to the grocery store to get the ingredients.
This version is made by dipping chicken breasts in flour and a mixture of beaten eggs and milk, breaded,Β baked for a few minutes, topped with jarred marinara sauce, fresh avocado slices, and a mozzarella-Parmesan mixture and then baked again until cooked through.
This dish is great because it is relatively easy to prepare, yet it is super delicious and makes an impressive presentation on the dinner table.
I love discovering the different flavors and textures of each layer: it’s a combination of a juicy, tender chicken breast with a crunchy breaded exterior, a savory bite of tomato sauce, the soft buttery texture of the fresh avocado, and the melty cheese on top.
Ugh, SO GOOD.
I know I can’t say the same about my photography, but you can trust me that it was a hit at the dinner table with three of my favorite hungry boys.
Give it a try!
Hope your day is great!
peaches and cake
Avocado Chicken Parmesan
Adapted from Cuisine Paradise
- 2 large chicken breast fillets, halvedΒ Β lengthwise
- Β½ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- ΒΎΒ Β cup dried seasoned breadcrumbs
- Cooking spray
- Β½ cup of your favorite jarred tomato pasta sauce (I used Newmanβ€™s Own Marinara as it is a bit thicker andΒ easier to dollop on top of the chicken)
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Β½ cup grated mozzarella and parmesan cheese, mixed together (or just mozzarella cheese)
- Fresh ground pepper
- Salad greens tossed in balsamic vinaigrette and/or pasta with tomato sauce, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 400ΛF.
2. Carefully halve the chicken breasts lengthwise with a sharp knife. Place in a clear plastic bag or between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, and use a rolling pin or meat mallet to pound until thin, about Β½ inch thick.
3. Place flour and breadcrumbs on two separate plates and lightly whisk milk and egg together in a shallow bowl.
4. Line a baking tray with foil or parchment paper.
5. Coat one piece of chicken breast in flour and shake off excess. Dip in egg mixture then coat in breadcrumbs, using your fingertips to press on and secure. Place on the prepared baking tray. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
6. Lightly spray the chicken with cooking spray or drizzle with olive oil.
7. Bake for 8 minutes, turning over after 4 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and spread each chicken breast with a heaping tablespoon of tomato sauce. Arrange avocado slices over sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella-parmesan mixture (or just mozzarella).
9. Return to oven and bake for another 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden and chicken registers about 157ΛF when inserted with a thermometer. Finish with a grind of fresh ground pepper.
10. Serve with a green salad tossed in balsamic vinaigrette and/or cooked pasta with extra tomato sauce and cheese.