In honor of my birthday I am sharing a recipe with you that’s so good I could stick a candle in it.
OK I know, I know that there are like nine bazillion recipes like this on the Internet.
But this is my blog and this is how I did it and it was fantastic so I must share with you!
Mr. Peaches and I served these at a tapas-themed dinner a while back with another couple and we devoured each and every last one. I only wish I had made more!
These are perfect for any cocktail hour, especially when served with a Spanish Rioja or Tempranillo.
peaches & cake
Maple Bacon-Wrapped Dates
Makes 18 servings (*Scale the ingredients up or down as necessary)
- 18 pitted best-quality Medjool dates (I got mine from the organic bulk section at Whole Foods)
- 9 slices best-quality bacon, cut in half crosswise (I used Wellshire Black Forest Dry Rubbed Salt Cured Bacon from Whole Foods)
- 1 Tbsp. best-quality maple syrup (get the good stuff people!)
- Preheat oven to 450β°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Lay a date on top of each bacon slice; wrap to enclose; transfer to the baking sheet. Continue with remaining dates.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until bacon is crisp, flipping each wrapped date after about 10 minutes. Transfer wrapped dates to paper towels or a wire rack to drain. Using a pastry brush or spoon, glaze with 1 Tbsp. maple syrup or more as needed. Transfer to a serving platter. Serve with cocktail skewers or toothpicks.